Saturday, August 22, 2015

(DAG)Content Index State Failed of Mailbox Database In Exchange Server 2013 (Solutiuon)

Hello,
Today I was doing DAG(Database Availability Group ) Lab in my environment and when i was added a database in a Dag then it showed me Content Index state Failed so I got a Solution !!!
That I am going to Share with you all ...

I have one DC1 (Adatum.com)
one - CAS
Two - Mailbox Server (MBX1,MBX2)
Just go MBX1 and type services.msc in Run menu then select Both services started from Microsoft Exchange search and then Stop them and minimize services console .
Now goto c:\program file\microsoft\exchange\v15\mailbox and then select your mailbox database and open it
Then delete the folder with very length value like guid (3chdjhjd-dsds3ds-dshd4hdn-dsdsd.....)
Again Start both services from minimize service console and refresh your database from EMC and verify it should be fixed with in few seconds or minutes depending your databse size.

Do this task on all Mailbox servers to solve it .

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OR

To manually update the ContentIndexState from a healthy node simply run the following command:

Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy "database\server" -CatalogOnly

In my case the database I want to update was "DB1" on server "LON-MBX1" so I ran:

Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy "DB1\LON-MBX1" -CatalogOnly


No comments:

Post a Comment